Technische Universität Berlin - Faculty IV - Institute of Telecommunication Systems/ Communication and Information Theory (CommIT)
Research Assistant - salary grade E 13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen
under the reserve that funds are granted - part-time employment may be possible
You will be working on a research project on the future mobile communication generation 6G. Goal of the project is the investigation and development of a communication platform for the frequency range above 110GHz. You will conduct research on the digital signal processing and the hybrid digital analog system architecture. Among other topics the influence of the non-ideal hardware on the system performance and the signal processing shall be investigated. The position is intended for a PhD thesis on a project related topic supervised by Prof. Caire.
Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
Background in the fields of mobile communication and signal processing
Not mandatory but desired is knowledge in the areas radio-frequency engineering, hardware design and machine learning
Experience in Matlab or Python
Very good knowledge of English (business fluent) in spoken and written
Good knowledge of German (not mandatory)
How to apply:
Please send your application with the reference number (ID) and the usual documents:
1. a curriculum vitae, stating clearly and precisely their education history, earned degrees and previous academic institutions;
2. letters of recommendation from academic advisors, MS thesis supervisors, academic instructors (up to 4 letters);
3. published research work, including MS thesis in electronic form;
4. a letter of motivation and purpose, illustrating in particular how the candidates background fits with one or more of the areas listed above;
5. official grade transcripts with certified translation in English or German if the original documents are in a different language
to Technische Universität Berlin - Der Präsident -, Fakultät IV, Institut für Telekommunikationssysteme, Prof. Giuseppe Caire, Sekr. HFT 6, Einsteinufer 25, 10587 Berlin, Germany.
Applications can be sent in written form, electronic form, or both. We prefer the electronic submission, please send this applications, specifying the reference number of the opening, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Please send copies only. Original documents will not be returned.