The Process Dynamics and Operations Group is looking for a new colleague for participation in an exciting new research project to develop and test a new process for homogeneously catalyzed (green) methanol synthesis. The project includes cooperation with industrial partners and testing of the process in a demonstration plant at Chemiepark Leuna. Our contribution includes dynamic modeling of all relevant units and analysis of the operational behavior of sub-units and the overall process by simulation studies. Furthermore, scenarios for load flexibilization of the process are to be considered, for which explicitly compex model structures are to be replaced by data-driven models for runtime improvement
Specific tasks within the project are:
- Dynamic process modeling of methanol synthesis, process steps for product purification, and recycling of materials as well as gas purification
- Parameter estimation especially for kinetics based on experimental data and quantification of uncertainties
- Runtime improvement through integration of data-driven modeling
- Analysis of the potential for load flexibility of the methanol production through simulation or process optimization; development of suitable frameworks.
- Intensive exchange with cooperation partners and support for the operation and construction of a demonstration plant for the production of green methanol at the Leuna Chemical Park
The department is based in chemical engineering, but candidates from other engineering disciplines and backgrounds are always welcome. Regarding the described position, we are interested in colleagues with the following qualifications:
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diploma, or equivalent) in a suitable discipline (Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar)
- Excellent knowledge in chemical engineering, particularly on reaction engineering
- Experience in dynamic equation-based process modeling and corresponding process simulation of process engineering systems is required
- Experience with machine learning methods is required, especially with regard to dynamic surrogate models
- Programming skills in Matlab or Python, for example, are expected
- We are a very international team. Hence, language skills in English are always of help and we expect you are willing to learn German
- Autonomous, well organized applicants are preferred
Please send your application with the reference number
and the usual documents (CV, records/grades, application letter, all combined in a single pdf file, max. 5 MB) by email to Prof. Dr. Repke (email@example.com).
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: https://www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung/
or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Technische Universität Berlin - Die Präsidentin - Fakultät III, Institut für Prozess- und Verfahrenstechnik, FG Dynamik und Betrieb technischer Anlagen, Prof. Dr. Repke, Sekr. KWT 9, Straße des 17. Juni 135, 10623 Berlin