Of­fer 41 out of 90 from 19/07/21, 16:53


Hum­boldt-Uni­ver­si­tät zu Ber­lin - Faculty of Law

The Faculty of Law invites applications for a...

Professorship (W3) for “Public Law and Public International Law”

starting October 1st 2022 (successor to Prof. Dr. Georg Nolte).

Work­ing field:

The Chair focuses on international law. A particular documentation of excellent research and teaching in this area of law is required. It is expected that the current high visibility in international law in research (e.g. through internationally networked large research projects) and in teaching (e.g. through the successes at the Jessup Moot Court) is to be continued. The applicant is expected to teach public law, especially in the focus area 6 (international law and European law).


The position requires a law degree (German Staatsexamen or comparable foreign legal degree), preferably a relevant PhD, as well as overall excellent academic credentials in the mentioned fields. It is expected that the applicant can document successful teaching, excellent, also interdisciplinary research activities as well as being part of international networks.

Applicants must meet the legal requirements for professorial appointments in accordance with § 100 of the “Berliner Hochschulgesetz”.

How to ap­ply:

HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Researchers from abroad are welcome to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with a migration background are specifically encouraged to apply.

Please send your application with the usual documents until 08/20/2021, quoting the reference number PR/009/21 to:

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Dean of the Faculty of Law
Prof. Dr. Dr. Stefan Grundmann
Unter den Linden 6
10099 Berlin

The application is also to be submitted in electronic form to Since we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application only.

Please visit our website, which gives you access to the legally binding German version.